Powerful and effective essay writing for a Scholarship or Selective school exam can be one of the most difficult skills for your child to master. Written by qualfied teachers who specialise in accelerated learning, the course teaches your child Creative / Narrative, Analytical and Persuasive essay writing. Science writing is also included for students applying for the John Monash Science School and Elizabeth Blackburn School of Science.
The essay writing course is available for instant access. Your child can also upload up to 10 of their essays which they have written from our essay prompts for personalised marking and feedback by our English markers.
To further assist your child, we have included sample creative/narrative, analytical, persuasive & science essays. These samples are invaluable so your child can see how all the individual elements come together to produce a great essay that will be noticed by the exam markers.
In our experience, a vast majority of students have a lot of difficulty writing an effective essay within the strict time constraints of a Scholarship or selective entry exam. Depending on the type of exam being undertaken, students will need to finish an essay in just 15 or 25 minutes.
Our “Essay Writing for Scholarship and Selective School Exams” course will give your child valuable and constructive knowledge to not only writing a great essay, but an essay that will also be noticed by the exam markers. We cover all the different types of essays including:
- Creative / Narrative essays
- Analytical essays
- Persuasive essays
- Science writing (for John Monash Science School)
Why choose our essay writing course:
- Written by teachers who specialise in accelerated learning.
- Designed specifically for essay prompts in Scholarship and Selective school entrance exams.
- Your child will learn about the entire essay writing process.
- You receive instant access to the essay writing course.
- You can upload up to 10 essays your child has written and receive personalised feedback & correction from our English markers.
- Suitable for an Edutest, Acer and Academic Assessment Services (formerly Robert Allwell & associates) test formats.
- View all of your child’s uploaded essays with the correction & feedback given.
- Mobile compatible – freedom to do the course on laptops and tablets.
- You have access to the course for 1 year for thorough study and practice.
Detailed explanations and examples are given in the course so your child clearly understands what they need to do to write a great essay. Topics covered include interpreting the prompts, essay planning, essay structure, settings, contention, dialogue, language, sentence structure, proofreading, preparation and more.
The John Monash Science School science writing tasks require a unique set of skills compared to standard essay writing tasks. These skills include students being able to use correct scientific terminology, knowledge of current scientific issues, ability to write experimental reports, procedural explanations and more.
Designed specifically for EduTest, ACER & Academic Assessment Services (formerly Robert Allwell & associates) based exams, our “Essay Writing for Scholarship and Selective School Exams” course will enable your child to write the best essay they can for their exam.